Deep Packet Inspection hardware
Spectre DPI hardware specifications
|Spectre DPI 6||Spectre DPI 10||Spectre DPI 20||Spectre DPI 40||Spectre DPI 80||Spectre DPI 160|
|Maximum number of sessions||4M||8M||16M||32M||64M||128M|
|New sessions sessions/sec||100K||250K||250K||350K||400K||400K|
DPI platform runs on general-purpose servers, but, due to the high degree of code optimization and integration with hardware, has some special requirements to its composition.
- 1. One processor with support for SSE 4.2 instructions starting from Intel Nehalem (recommended, but optional, Xeon E5 / E3 series) with 4 or more cores, clock frequency of 2.6 GHz and higher
- 2. Minimum 3 ports are required: one for management via SSH (any chipset), two for processing traffic — network cards on Intel 82575/82576/82580/82599 /i350/i210 or x520 chipsets (82599 chipset) with 2, 4 ports and 6
- 3. Bypass support is implemented for Silicom 10GbE and 1GbE production cards.
- 4. Any network adapter to control the device via SSH (you can usually use the integrated one on the main card)
- 5. Parameters processor / memory - determined based on the required bandwidth. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with typical configurations and agree with the representatives of BAC Expert on the server for software installation.
- 6. To accommodate the OS and DPI software, it is recommended to use SSDs in the M.2 form factor with support for NVMe with capacity from 128GB.